- 1 1/4 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch (not flour)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or starch
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoonxanthan gum
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup hot water (maybe slightly less)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease cake pans.
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a medium sized bowl (rice flour through cinnamon).
- In your mixer bowl combine sugar, eggs and extracts. Beat several minutes until light.
- On low speed, beat in the mayonnaise.
- Alternate adding the flour mix and water, starting and ending with the flour. Hold back about 2 tablespoons of water. The batter should be thick and fluffy. Add the remaining water if needed.
- Spread into two round greased cake pans or one 9 x 13 inch greased pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chocolate-cake/