Chicken & Green Bean Casserole
- 4 c. green beans (enough to cover the bottom of your dish)
- 2 c. cooked chicken pieces
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 2 Tb. cornstarch
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tb. butter or olive oil
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (enough to cover the top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the green beans to desired doneness, remembering they will cook a little more in the oven. Spread the green beans in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- While the beans are cooking, make the gravy/sauce. Whisk the cornstarch into the chicken broth while it is cold. Add the salt, pepper, and oil and heat, whisking frequently, until mixture is thickened. It won’t be as thick as a cream soup, more like a gravy. Add the chicken pieces to the gravy and stir to coat, then spread it on top of the green beans.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top, using as much as you like. Or try a different topping such as tater tots, or bread crumbs tossed with a little oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees 20 – 30 minutes, until hot. As you can see from the first picture, I served it with French fries which the kids loved, but it would go well with rice or quinoa.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chicken-green-bean-casserole/