This chicken in creamy cranberry sauce is gluten and dairy free, delicious, and super quick and easy to make! It does require having leftover chicken on hand, but it’s quicker than many other recipes I make with leftover chicken.
I cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot and a double batch of rice the night before. On the second night, this recipe came together in minutes, and the rice was easily reheated. I also had extra salad on hand, so it was truly a fast meal to put together.
It can be served over rice or pasta, or eaten as is with salad or other vegetable for a low carb meal. Beware, there is sugar in most dried cranberries, so that ads a few carbs.
Chicken in Cranberry Cream Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Heat the coconut milk in a sauce pan until it just begins to simmer.
- Add the cinnamon and salt and whisk together.
- Add the cranberries and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and heat until hot through.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Courses Main Dish