Chicken Breasts with Garlic Sauce
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 large)
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- Garlic Sauce:
- 2Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Place the chicken breasts (one at a time) in a freezer bag or empty gluten-free cereal bag. Close and pound the breast with the smooth side of a meat mallet or other smooth hard surface. Pound until the breast is 3/4 inches thick. Cut each breast in half.
- Combine the bread crumbs, salt and pepper and place them on a plate or pie dish.
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken breast pieces in the egg, coating both sides, then place in the bread crumbs and coat.
- Put the breaded chicken in a greased baking dish (9 x 13 inches works for 6 pieces). Bake at 375° for 30 – 40 minutes or until done.
- For the Sauce: In a small sauce pan, melt the butter or margarine. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the cooking wine and heat to boiling.
- Combine the corn starch and water and whisk it into the pan. Boil another minute or two. Remove from heat and serve over the chicken.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chicken-breasts-with-garlic-sauce/