This chicken and bacon stir fry is not a traditional stir fry in terms of the ingredients used, but it is delicious. My youngest son said, “I really like the bacon and tomato combination in this.”
You can serve it with rice or quinoa or eat it by itself (that’s what I do) for a low carb meal. The ingredient amounts are flexible in this, so don’t worry about anything being exact.
Chicken and Bacon Stir Fry
- 12 – 16 ounces bacon
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- onion and garlic pepper (or just pepper)
- Chop the bacon into pieces and then cook it in a large skillet (I use an electric skillet). Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel, but keep the bacon grease in the skillet.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Sprinkle with salt and onion and garlic pepper to taste. Add to the skillet after the bacon is removed and cook until done. Remove to a bowl leaving any liquid in the skillet.
- Cook the onion for a few minutes and then add the broccoli. Cook and stir (stir fry) until the broccoli is tender but still crisp and slightly crunchy.
- Add the bacon and chicken back to the skillet and toss. Add the chopped tomato, toss, and heat just until the tomato is warm but not mushy.
- Serve with rice or quinoa, if desired.