May is celiac awareness month, and I was diagnosed with celiac disease over 15 years ago. You can read my celiac story here. One of the things that has changed over the years is that there are many more gluten-free products available (and they taste better than many of the old products).
Crunchmaster crackers is an example. I have heard a number of gluten eating friends say that they buy these crackers for themselves because they like them so much. Today’s recipe comes from Crunchmaster, and they are offering a giveaway (see below)!
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 4 fresh chives
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grapefruit zest
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 6 asparagus stalks, trimmed and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup Crunchmaster Original Multi-Seed Crackers, crushed
- 4 ounces chicken cutlets, cooked and shredded
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- Steam asparagus over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until cooked and bright green. Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a large serving dish. Top with chives, bean sprouts, cherry tomatoes, grapefruit zest, avocado, red onion, sunflower seeds, asparagus, Crunchmaster crackers, chicken, mango, sea salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, warm water, soy sauce and grapefruit juice; mix well to combine.
- Serve lettuce wraps with peanut butter dipping sauce.
Crunchmaster is giving away a sampler of crackers. One winner will receive a package of each of the following:
- Multi-Seed Original
- Multi-Seed Rosemary & Olive Oil
- Multi-Seed Roasted Garlic
- Multi-Grain Sea Salt
- Multi-Grain Roasted Vegetable
- Multi-Grain White Cheddar
This giveaway is limited to U.S. residents 18 and older and is open through Sunday, May 15, 2016. No purchase is necessary. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries. The winners will be randomly chosen and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 24 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be randomly chosen.