Last night I created a casserole that was similar to a stove-top recipe I have made before. The kids liked this better. As you can tell from the title, this is a kid-friendly recipe. It’s not one of my favorites, but I liked it. The kids really liked it. You can vary the amounts of the ingredients to your taste. I have one kid who doesn’t like a lot of cheese so I went light on that. It could have used more. I served it with fresh steamed broccoli which is also a kid favorite around here.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 2 pounds frozen gluten-free tater tots (read ingredients to determine gf status)
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a skillet and drain.
- Combine all ingredients except the tater tots in a bowl.
- Spread into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Place a single layer of tater tots on top, covering the whole surface. (I used most, but not all of the bag.)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.