It was very soft. The sorghum gave it a tan color which made my husband think it was a spice cake. It would work well for that too, if you added some spices and left out the lemon.
If you haven’t already guessed, the cake was gone in no time!
Sorghum Flour Bundt Cake
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest or lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Beat the butter, add the eggs, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 325° for 50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.