Mornings are often busy, and I like having a homemade breakfast that I can put together the night before. This casserole fits the bill, but it doesn’t have to be made ahead. This delicious dish is like quiche and toast wrapped into one. Add fruit and you have a complete, filling, breakfast. Any gluten-free bread will do for this recipe. It’s a great way to use up dry bread. The amounts given are flexible. Just make sure you have enough egg and milk to cover the bread.
- 6 slices gluten-free bread
- 6 slices bacon (or use sausage or ham)
- 6 green onions
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Break the bread into pieces and place in the bottom of a rectangular baking dish.
- Combine the egg, milk, salt and pepper and pour over the bread.
- Let it sit while you cook the bacon and chop the green onions. Add the onions and bacon (cut in pieces) to the dish.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until set in the middle.
This post is linked to the Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom.