It’s time for the Bob’s Red Mill Spar for the Spurtle contest, and the deadline is fast approaching. You might be thinking, “Spar for the what?” The spurtle—a stick used to stir porridge. But that’s not all contestants will be sparring for. How about a trip to Scotland?
The Bob’s Red Mill Spar for the Spurtle Contest is an effort to find a creative original recipe that uses their steel cut oats (regular or gluten free).
Three finalists will receive a Bob’s Red Mill gift basket and gift card and will be flown to Portland, Oregon for a live cook off. The cook off winner will receive the grand prize which includes a trip for two to Scotland representing Bob’s Red Mill in the Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championships as well as a $2,500 cash!
Here is a photo of the winning recipe from last year’s cook off.
- The recipe must include Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats.
- You must submit a video demonstration that is less than 3 minutes.
- Recipes can be sweet or savory but must be created from start to finish within 30 minutes (they can be soaked or toasted prior to the 30 minutes).
- Recipes must be cooked on the stovetop using only two burners.
- Entries must be submitted by July 20, 2012.
Bob’s Red Mill is offering a little incentive for my readers to enter their contest.
The first five people who enter the Spar for the Spurtle Contest and leave a comment on this post will receive:
- Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix
- Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- Gluten Free Brownie Mix
This giveaway is limited to U.S. residents 18 and older. The giveaway begins July 13, 2012 and ends on July 20, 2012.
No purchase is necessary. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries. The winners will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond, the next commenter in line who has entered the contest will be chosen.
Disclaimer: I was provided with free product as compensation for writing this post.