There is something fun about making a meal out of appetizers, and you can certainly do that with this hearty beef queso dip. It has all the spicy, cheesy, goodness of most queso dips with the addition of ground beef. It’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo, watching a ball game, or any time you need a delicious appetizer.
Our policy for all Kraft products is to list gluten-containing ingredients in the ingredient statement on the package label. For labeling purposes, Kraft products made with:
- A gluten-containing grain as a direct ingredient will list the specific grain using commonly known terms such as “wheat, barley, rye and/or oats.” For example: “wheat flour.”
- A source of gluten as a component of another ingredient, such as flavors or modified food starch, will list the grain in parentheses after the ingredient in the ingredient line. For example, “natural flavor (contains rye).”
While Velveeta isn’t a product I use regularly, for some things (like this dip) it simply works great, and it makes this an easy recipe.
For dipping, it’s easy to find gluten-free tortilla chips. Always read the ingredients, but most unflavored corn tortilla chips are safe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 32 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut in cubes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomato with green chilies (undrained)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- ¼ cup milk
- In a large pan over medium high heat, brown ground beef 5 - 7 minutes, or until cooked. Drain grease.
- Lower heat to medium low, add seasonings and mix well. Add in tomato (with juice) and cheese. Gently stir occasionally, until all of the cheese melts, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Once cheese melts, add in milk and stir well.
- Place queso dip in a serving bowl and serve warm with tortilla chips.