With flavors of pizza, this beef and pepperoni soup is tasty, filling, and comforting. It’s also very easy to put together and it can simmer while you make a salad and bread balls (or French bread rolls) to go with it.
I like to have a low carb soup like this that I can eat with a salad. I served it with bread balls, but didn’t eat any myself. I often do that with dinner. I eat the meat and vegetable part of the meal but make the starchier part of the meal for my family to enjoy. I always keep it gluten free though.
My family enjoyed this soup and thought that the pepperoni in it made it fun and flavorful.
Beef and Pepperoni Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 ounces turkey pepperoni
- pepper to taste
- In a skillet, sauté the ground beef, onion, pepper, and garlic, breaking up the beef and cooking until it is no longer pink.
- In a large sauce pan, combine all ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.