This gluten-free beef and green beans recipe uses the slow cooker for a stew like dish that can be served alone or over rice or pasta. It is easy and delicious.
I’ve been away a lot recently, and having frozen meals on hand has been a big help since my husband doesn’t cook. Last week he took a package of this stew out of the freezer and really enjoyed it. So I thought I would republish this great recipe that I’ve been making for years.
Chuck roast is a less expensive cut of meat that becomes tender with long slow cooking. However, it does have plenty of fat on it which my husband doesn’t care for. Since the chuck roast is cut into strips for this dish, I am able to trim most of the fat and my husband is happy!
Beef and Green Beans (Slow Cooker)
- 3 pounds chuck roast
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 16 ounces frozen slender green beans
- Cut the roast in to strips about 3/4 inch wide. Trim most of the fat.
- Combine the strips of roast, flour, salt and pepper in a greased 6 quart or larger slow cooker. If using a smaller cooker, cut the recipe in half.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix them together.
- Cover and cook on low 6 – 8 hours or high 3 – 4 hours.
- Serve with rice or pasta.