Beans and Bacon (Slow Cooker)
- 1/3 cup lentils
- 12 strips bacon, fried and cut in pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can small red beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Boil the lentils in 1 1/3 cups water for 20-30 minutes. Drain.
- Cook the bacon and cut in pieces.
- Chop the onion and sauté until tender. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.
Courses Main Dish
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/beans-and-bacon-slow-cooker/