I’ve been enjoying baking with coconut flour more and more, and these Banana Walnut Muffins only make me want to continue. They are gluten free, grain free, and paleo, but you can serve them to anyone with confidence that they will be well liked.
With healthy ingredients like coconut flour and oil, bananas, and walnuts, these make a perfect breakfast muffin or after school snack for your kids (or pack it in their lunch box).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, beat together with a fork the eggs, coconut oil, honey, mashed bananas, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed for about one minute or until well combined.
- Stir in the 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and sprinkle the remaining 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.