My sons are on the go a lot and often have long days at school or work. Filling, easy to eat foods such as these paleo banana nut bars come in handy.
These bars hold together pretty well (but they’re not indestructible). They’re lightly sweet, though the sweetness will vary according to how ripe the banana is.
This recipe is pretty flexible. You can use raw or roasted nuts, salted or not. Simply adjust the amount of salt in the recipe.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews or walnuts
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to tasted depending on the nuts)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup mashed banana
- ½ cup nut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the remaining nuts, flax seeds, coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Process until the nuts are finely chopped but not completely ground.
- Add the eggs, banana, nut butter, honey, and vanilla to the food processor and pulse several times. Scrape the sides of the bowl and pulse again several times. The ingredients should look uniformly combined. Pulse more if needed.
- Press into the the greased baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into bars.