Since following the metabolic typing diet, I’m eating more protein, but I’m not eating light meat poultry or fish. Catfish is a darker fish.
Recently I baked catfish, but I wanted to bread it to keep it moist inside. I didn’t want to use traditional breading because of the carbs. Instead I used coconut flour, and it turned out great. My husband particularly enjoyed it.
- 1 pound catfish filets
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (or other gluten-free flour)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a baking sheet.
- Coat each piece of catfish with coconut flour.
- Dredge in egg.
- Coat with coconut flour again.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until the fish is done.
- Serve with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Courses Main Dish