Bacon Wrapped Potato Slices
- 4 medium potatoes
- 20 slices bacon (or enough for each potato slice)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard seed
- salt to taste
- olive oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Clean potatoes and slice into rounds about 1/4- 1/3 inch in thickness. Immediately drop each potato slice onto the bowl of ice water to prevent browning. Discard the small pieces from the ends of potatoes.
- After slicing all potatoes, drain and pat dry. Brush each side of potato with softened butter.
- In a small container, mix onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, marjoram, sage, Spanish paprika, black pepper and mustard seed. Season potatoes with half of this mixture. (You can add chili powder for a little heat.)
- Wrap each potato slice with a piece of bacon and place side by side on the baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining herbs mixture on top.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and bacon is crisp. Allow to cool about 2 -3 minutes and transfer to a serving plate.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/bacon-wrapped-potato-slices/