These Bacon Wrapped Potato Slices are flavored with seasonings and, of course, bacon! I love just about anything with bacon. These potato slices make a delicious appetizer but you could also serve them as a side dish with a meal. Either way, I know everyone will enjoy them!
I’ve been very preoccupied lately with caring for my dad (who has had some complications but is improving). So I’m sharing this recipe from Pie Rivera. I haven’t had a chance to make them yet, but I know they’ll be great. I would use a substitute for the butter – probably olive oil or coconut oil.
And I’m sure you can switch up the seasoning. I think it would be fun to try different varieties.
Bacon Wrapped Potato Slices
- 4 medium potatoes
- 20 slices bacon (or enough for each potato slice)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard seed
- salt to taste
- olive oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Clean potatoes and slice into rounds about 1/4- 1/3 inch in thickness. Immediately drop each potato slice onto the bowl of ice water to prevent browning. Discard the small pieces from the ends of potatoes.
- After slicing all potatoes, drain and pat dry. Brush each side of potato with softened butter.
- In a small container, mix onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, marjoram, sage, Spanish paprika, black pepper and mustard seed. Season potatoes with half of this mixture. (You can add chili powder for a little heat.)
- Wrap each potato slice with a piece of bacon and place side by side on the baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining herbs mixture on top.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and bacon is crisp. Allow to cool about 2 -3 minutes and transfer to a serving plate.