I make smoothies all the time, and my two favorite ingredients are avocado and spinach. If you’ve never put avocado in a smoothie, you have to try it! It makes the smoothie thick and creamy and gives it a lovely green color.
I never follow recipes when it comes to smoothies, but I know some people like to have them. So here is one way you can make a green smoothie. It’s a creamy, delicious, and nutritious way to start your day (or continue or end your day).
Avocado Spinach Smoothie
Yield 2 servings
- In a blender (I love my Blendtec), combine the spinach, avocado, coconut milk, honey, lemon juice, and the protein powder (if using). Blend on high till smooth.
- Add the ice cubes and blend well. Pour into serving glasses.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of chia seeds (optional) in each glass and serve immediately.
- Because the avocado oxidizes quickly, this smoothie is best consumed immediately. If stored, it might darken a bit, but it will still be delicious.
- Any frozen fruit such as pineapple, mango, or peach can also be added to this smoothie. In that case, reduce the amount of sweetener and the ice a little bit.