Autumn fruit – apples, pears, and dates – are combined with walnuts, dried cherries, cinnamon, and honey in this Autumn Fruit Salad. It’s a perfect combination of flavors and textures with just enough sweetness.
I recently made this fruit salad to take to my monthly ladies card game. Eight of us play the game 500 (not Rummy 500), and everyone really liked the salad. My husband enjoyed it too. It’s so well liked that I think it would be a great addition to a Thanksgiving table.
Autumn Fruit Salad
- 3 apples
- 3 pears
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Peel, core, and chop the apples and pears into bite size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice to the bowl and gently stir to coat.
- Add the walnuts, dates, cherries, and cinnamon. Gently stir to combine.
- Drizzle the honey over everything and gently stir one more time.