- 4 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and chopped (for optional garnish)
- Heat the chicken broth to simmering.
- While the broth is heating, prepare the vegetables. Wash the asparagus and break off the woody ends. The spear should snap where it gets tender. Cut the tender parts into one inch pieces.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into half inch cubes.
- Add the potatoes to the simmering broth. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, green onion, and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes and asparagus are tender.
- If desired, remove some of the asparagus tips and rinse them in cold water. Set them aside for a garnish.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and dill weed.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender (hand blender) or carefully transfer it in batches to a blender. Remove the center piece of the blender lid and cover it with a clean folded towel. This provides better air flow and helps prevent the soup from flying out.
- Stir in the olive oil.
- Transfer the soup to a serving dish and garnish with chopped egg or asparagus tips.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/asparagus-soup/