Apple Pie Smoothie
Yield 2 servings
- 2 cups coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 medium sized frozen banana, sliced
- 1 small or half of a large apple ( select a sweeter variety like Gala, Fuji or Red Delicious), peeled, cored, and chopped
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (see note)
- A handful of ice cubes
- Whipped coconut cream (optional)
- Soak the pitted dates in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, frozen banana, chopped apples, softened dates, and apple pie spice. Blend or process on high till smooth.
- Add the ice cubes and blend well.
- Pour into two tall glasses and serve immediately with whipped coconut cream (optional) and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Instead of apple pie spice, you can use ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon allspice.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/apple-pie-smoothie-paleo/