Apple Crisp (Paleo)
- 6 medium tart apples
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup honey
For the Topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples. Place in a bowl and toss with the apple pie spice and honey. Transfer to the baking dish and loosely cover with foil.
- In a bowl, combine the topping ingredients with a fork. Do not top the apples yet.
- Bake the covered apples for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and drop the wet topping dough in clumps on top of the apples. Bake bake uncovered an additional 20 minutes or until the apples are soft.
Granny Smith apples are great for baking, but if you prefer, other tart varieties can be used (do not use red delicious). I used Fuji for the recipe in the pictures.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at https://glutenfreehomemaker.com/apple-crisp-paleo/