Mother’s Day is almost here. My oldest child was born four days before Mother’s Day. That was a special day for me (it also means we have a birthday coming up). With Mother’s Day in mind, I came up with this almond flour scone recipe, and it was taste tested and approved by that same child who is now an adult.
As I have mentioned before, I am now eating grain free with the exception of special occasions. Mother’s Day is a special occasion, but if I can come up with a grain free treat, then that’s my preference.
These gluten-free almond flour scones are high in protein and low in carbohydrates compared to a typical scone. They do contain honey and chocolate chips, so they are still a treat for me.
They would be perfect for a Mother’s Day breakfast, brunch, or tea time snack. With only seven ingredients, they don’t take long to make, and dad and the kids could probably handle it on their own.
Almond Flour Scones
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, salt, baking soda, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Add the beaten eggs and honey. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place the dough on a cutting board and pat it out into a circle that is 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut the circle into eighths.
- Use a spatula to transfer the pieces to the lined baking sheet, leaving space between them. Reshape if needed.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes until golden brown on the tops.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 – 10 minutes and server warm.
Courses Bread, Dessert
Disclosure: This post contains one or more affiliate links. If you click on a link and buy something, I receive a small percentage of the sale.