Hi, I’m Linda. I’m here to help you learn how to be gluten free and how to cook gluten free. I’m convinced that gluten-free food can and should be delicious.
You see, my life changed drastically in 2000 when I was diagnosed with celiac disease and suddenly had to learn how to eat gluten free. But I was happy to have an answer to my health problems. I was happy that I wasn’t dying of cancer or some other disease, that I didn’t have to take any drugs, and that my health would improve by simply changing my diet. The problem was that it really wasn’t so simple.
Getting to that diagnosis wasn’t easy either. You can read my celiac story here, but I’ll tell you how it ends. The doctor said to me, “I should give you your money back. You diagnosed yourself.”
I’ve been cooking and baking gluten-free food ever since, and the steep learning curve (especially back then) is what motivated me to start this blog. Why should you reinvent the wheel when I have already learned from so many mistakes?
My husband and three boys (now young men) have been my taste testers over the years. While they did continue to eat gluten, I refused to cook and bake with it. So I had to come up with recipes that everyone loved for dinners, birthday parties, and holidays. And that’s how I learned that gluten free can be delicious!
My husband and oldest son (as well as his wife) are now also gluten free. In the fall of 2010 I also started avoiding dairy and soy, and in 2012 I went grain free. You can learn a few random facts about me below, but first here’s what you should know about this blog.
On this blog you will find:
- all kinds of recipes that my family and I enjoy.
- many dairy-free recipes.
- some grain free or paleo recipes.
- menu plans to help you with that daily question, “What’s for dinner?”
- information and tips about gluten-free living.
- occasional product reviews and giveaways.
Receive blog updates in your inbox for free
Click here to go to a subscription page where you can enter your email address. You will receive an email each time I publish a new blog post. Your email address will not be shared.
How to Be Gluten Free
How to Be Gluten Free: 10 Steps to a Gluten-Free Life is an eBook that I have written to help people who are getting started on the gluten-free diet. How to Be Gluten Free (affiliate link) is available at the Amazon Kindle Store, but you don’t have to own a Kindle to be able to read it.
I’d love to connect with you here:
A little information about me:
- I am a dog lover. Our two most recent dogs you can see here, here, and here.
- I home schooled my three boys from kindergarten through high school. They now have graduated from college and turned out to be adults who I am so proud of. Not because of their academic abilities but because of their strong character and love for other people.
- My two oldest boys are married, and I love my daughters-in-law!
- My parents have lived with me and my husband since 2017. My primary job is caring for them.
- I love God and I love singing hymns, but I have a terrible voice.
- I have lived in Maryland my entire life. My husband is from northern Idaho.
Thanks for stopping by!