As I mentioned in my zucchini muffins post the other day, we were given some large zucchini. Since it’s been cool here, I didn’t mind turning on the oven for one of our favorite vegetarian dishes. This dish has lots of dairy in it, and I don’t know if there are substitutes. Sorry dairy free folks. If you like dairy, though, you’ll enjoy this.
This flavorful recipe originally came from a magazine, but I cannot remember which one. I do remember finding it while sitting at the orthodontist office, but that’s not much help. I have made a few small changes. You’ll notice in the picture that I used fusili because I was out of rotini.
- 12 ounces rotini, cooked
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cup shredded zucchini
- shredded mozzarella to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the cooked pasta, cottage cheese, seasoning, and zucchini and put in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Spread the tomatoes out on top and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes, then broil for a few minutes.