The other night I had some leftover chicken to use and came up with this quick meal.
- gold potatoes
- coconut or other oil
- leftover cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Peel and cook the potatoes, then cut them into large chunks.
- Saute sliced leeks in coconut oil.
- Warm the leftover chicken in the oven or microwave.
- Place potatoes, leeks, and chicken in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over the contents of the bowl while gently tossing to mix the ingredients.
You might want to increase the amount of dressing. I knew my family wouldn’t like a lot because of the vinegar. I served it with a garden salad.
It wasn’t a meal that everyone was thrilled with, but they didn’t dislike it either. I would make it again, maybe using onions instead of leeks to add stronger flavor. What would you add to this dish to make it flavorful?
Mr. Linky has been having problems. If the box is not there, leave your link in the comments and I’ll add it manually.
Gina (Roasted Vegetables)
Rachel (Mediterranean Lemon Chicken)
Cinde (Fried Rice)
Wendy (Turkey Cutlets w/Sauce)
Diane (7 Minute Egg Salad)
Jessie (Stir Fry Kid Style)
Heather (Southwestern Chicken Salad)
Jen (Peanut Noodles w/Shredded Chicken)