This week’s dinner idea is courtesy of my youngest son (12). He made this recently when he was staying with my parents and couldn’t wait to try it again at our house. It’s a variation on what my mom always called potato cakes, but since this is put together in one casserole dish, my son has chosen to call it chicken potato pie. It’s a stovetop dish, however, that only uses the broiler to melt the cheese.
Because I never have enough leftover mashed potatoes to feed us all for a second meal, I made a pot of potatoes for him. (You simply would not believe how many mashed potatoes my 18 year old son can eat.) I did have plenty of leftover chicken to use though. This isn’t an actual recipe, more like guidelines really. It’s hard to go wrong.
What Can I Eat That’s Gluten Free blog Carnival:
|1. Brian (Pasta Salad)|
2. Cheryl – Stuffed Potatoes
3. Wendy (Asian Flank Steak W/Brown Rice Salad
4. Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free (A Simple Homemade, Lower-Fat Vinaigrette)
|5. Tole’s Kitchen (Shrimp & Asparagus Risotto)|
6. Jessie-Slacker Map
7. Jen (GF Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies)
8. Gluten Free Taste of Home (Creamy Mustard Thyme Potato Salad)
|9. Brenna (chocolate zucchini bread)|
10. Ashley (falafel delight)