St. Patrick’s Day is a week away, and this green Spinach Egg Bake is a great way to start the day. If you have picky eaters, they don’t have to know it contains spinach, since the leafy green is blended up.
An easy way to make fun food for young kids is to cut it into fun shapes, such as the shamrock shown above. I like this Cookie Cutter and Stencil Set for the variety, the large size of the cutters, and the extra detail that the stencils add.
If you don’t have a shamrock cookie cutter, any shape such as a star, flower, or even a circle helps add variety and fun to a meal.
Do you have fun foods you like to make for St. Patrick’s Day?
- 4 ounces baby spinach (ready to eat)
- 8 large eggs
- ⅔ cup milk (or milk substitute)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the eggs, milk, and one fourth of the spinach in a blender on low.
- Add the remaining spinach in handfuls, blending between each.
- Add the salt, dill weed, and green onion. Pulse the blender a few times to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until set in the middle.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then use a cookie cutter to cut out shamrock shapes.