This post is sponsored by Ronzoni and written by me. All opinions are 100% mine.
Have you seen Ronzoni Gluten Free™ Pasta on store shelves? I have, and until recently I wasn’t sure what to think. In case you’re in the same boat, I want to share my experience with you.
The pasta is made from a blend of white rice, brown rice, corn, and quinoa. If you’re concerned about cross contamination, here’s what they say,
“Ronzoni Gluten Free™ Pasta is also produced in a dedicated gluten free facility. When the ingredients arrive at the facility, they are verified to be gluten free and then each step in the manufacturing process is strongly controlled in order to protect the product from gluten contamination.”
I used the spirals in their southwestern recipe (see below), and it was delicious. My family enjoyed the taste and texture of the pasta. Even my gluten eaters liked it and thought it was very similar to regular pasta.
It cooked nicely and didn’t fall apart, but the thing that really impressed me was how good the pasta is cold. Many gluten-free pastas become hard when chilled, but Ronzoni doesn’t. It’s perfect for cold pasta salads. This recipe can be eaten warm or cold. We ate it warm when I first made it, but there were some leftovers that allowed us to try it cold. We liked it both ways.
Visit the Ronzoni Gluten Free website for more product information and delicious recipes such as this one:
- 1 pkg Ronzoni Gluten Free™ Penne
- 1 can (14 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn
- 1 each large tomato and orange pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each finely grated lime zest, ground cumin and chili powder
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- Cooking Instructions:
- Cook Ronzoni Gluten Free™ Penne according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water until cool; drain.
- Toss penne with black beans, corn, tomato, orange pepper, green onions and coriander.
- Whisk canola oil with lime juice, honey, garlic, cumin, chili powder, lime zest, salt, and pepper until combined. Toss with the penne mixture. Stir in the avocado (if using) just before serving.