My husband doesn’t like sweet potatoes, so I made these recently when he was out of town. They are so good. If you like sweet potatoes at all, you will love these roasted sweet potatoes with coconut, a bit of honey, and cinnamon.
My picky eater tried them and said, “I’m still not a fan of sweet potatoes, but as far as sweet potatoes go, these are really good!”
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (or other cooking oil)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Grease a jelly roll pan or baking sheet.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into approximately ¾ inch cubes.
- Add the coconut oil and toss to coat.
- Add the cinnamon and salt and toss again.
- Spread the potatoes in the greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Use a spatula to turn the potatoes. Drizzle evenly with the honey and sprinkle the coconut over top.
- Return to the oven and bake another 5 – 10 minutes. Be careful not to let it burn.