“You should make this for Thanksgiving. It tastes like Thanksgiving.” That’s what one of my kids said when I served this for dinner last week. And it is a simple, easy, flavorful, and healthy dish you can make for Thanksgiving.
I am not one to buy pre-cut fruits or vegetables, but with the fatigue I have experienced this fall, I have done it more than usual. I have passed up squashes in the store because I didn’t have the energy to cut one. I finally decided to buy a package of cut butternut squash. Certainly pre-cut squash is better than none.
This is one of those non specific recipes that you can adjust to your taste.
- 2 pounds cut butternut squash (about 1 inch cubes)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- herbs to taste (I used sage & thyme)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place the squash in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the squash with salt, pepper, and herbs and toss again.
- Put the squash on a baking sheet or pan and bake about 30 minutes until soft, stirring once or twice.