This week I am happy to be hosting Raw Foods Thursdays for my friend Heather of Gluten-Free Cat. Heather is in the midst of moving so a few of us are helping her out by hosting this carnival.
If you think raw food isn’t your thing, you might want to look over last week’s highlight and think again!
Next week’s carnival will be hosted by Tessa of Tessa the Domestic Diva.
Last Week’s Highlights
In looking over last week’s entries, I was drawn to the desserts. Here are a few of my favorites.
Dark Chocolate Mousse from Tessa the Domestic Diva
Lemon Blueberry Bars from Cats in the Kitchen
Chocolate Cherry Pie from Gluten-Free Cat
Blueberry Orange Tart from Apples and Ginger
How to Participate
- Simply link up a raw foods recipe (see What is Raw Food?), mention Raw Foods Thursdays, and link back to this post so your readers can join in the fun!
- Please link to the recipe, not to a blog’s home page, so we can all find your raw foods recipe.
- You may link up a recipe that you’ve made in the past. Just make sure to share something different each time you participate.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting us know who you are and what you’re sharing.
What are Raw Foods Meals?
- Plant-based meals that are not cooked. Dehydrators may be used. (The raw foods community has differing views on temperature, but the range is between 104 and 118 degrees.) Feel free to link up recipes that use a slightly higher temperature as long as they could be made at 118 with a longer dry time.
- Raw Ingredients: vegetables, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, gluten-free sprouted grains, beans, and oils.
What isn’t Raw?
- Anything cooked or heated above 118.
- Anything processed. If it comes from a can or a package that lists more than one ingredient, chances are it’s not raw!
- If your recipe contains an ingredient like maple syrup that makes your submission “almost raw”, please share it anyway. Raw sweeteners are easy to substitute.
Submit Your Link