These pumpkin breakfast bars are really just a variation on my paleo granola bars. The addition of pumpkin and egg to the recipe gives it a more soft, moist texture, but it still contains the nuts and seeds.
I find these ideal for a quick and easy breakfast. They also make a great snack, but don’t hold up well to traveling. If you do pack them, put them in a hard container rather than a baggie.
The pumpkin flavor is not strong in these, but it does provide vitamins, fiber, and moisture.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ cup cashew or almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cranberries, flax seeds, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix with a hand mixer the cashew or almond butter, honey, coconut oil, pumpkin, and egg.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until combined and all ingredients are moistened.
- Press the mixture evenly and firmly into the bottom of the greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place the pan on a wire rack until cool. Cut into bars.