The following is a guest post from my friend Kim Maes of Cook IT Allergy Free.
While on vacation just recently, we were lucky enough to be surrounded by some beautiful plum trees that were dripping with ripe fruit. My boys had a blast picking all of the fruit from the tree, but before we knew it, I had more plums than we could possibly eat.
I am never one to waste any kind of produce, so I decided to whip up some of my favorite mini Plum Crumbles. It was a great way to go through all of that fruit that was only getting riper by the minute on the counter, and it was a perfect summer treat to come home to after spending the day on the beach.
This recipe is so simple to throw together and is full of healthy and fresh ingredients. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, egg-free, and soy-free! A perfect summer dessert for sure.
- 4 Medium Sized Red or Black Plums, just barely ripe
- 4 teaspoons All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil – measured, for this purpose only, in solid form – **See Note below
- ½ cup Certified Gluten Free Rolled Oats (or equal amounts Quinoa Flakes if you are sensitive to Oats)
- ¼ cup Almond flour (For NUT FREE: use additional ¼ cup of your gluten free flour blend instead)
- ¼ cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour blend
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons ground Chia seeds, or Flax meal (optional, but nice addition of Omega 3?s)
- ⅓ cup Palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease four 6-ounce Ramekins.
- In small bowl, mix together filling ingredients: Plums, 4 tsp Flour Blend, Coconut Palm Sugar, Cinnamon, and Vanilla. Divide evenly between your ramekins.
- In another bowl add your chilled Coconut oil, Certified Gluten Free Oats, Almond flour, ¼ cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, Ground Chia or Flax Meal (if using), Coconut Palm Sugar, and Sea Salt. Use a pastry blender (or a fork) to crumble/cream your ingredients together until coarse meal forms.
- Divide topping evenly among each ramekin. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 25 minutes (filling may bubble over – you can line baking sheet with foil for easy clean up, if desired). If you like a crispy top, you can turn the broiler on for 2-3 minutes at the very end, but watch VERY carefully if you do this so it does not burn!
Kim Maes, AADP, known as the Allergy Free Food Coach, is a Certified Nutrition and Wellness Consultant and Certified in the Practical Application of Food Allergy Guidelines.
She is also the creator of the Cook It Allergy Free iPhone and iPad Apps and the Cook It Allergy Free website, where she shares her passion for teaching others how easy and delicious it can be to eat whole, pure allergy-friendly meals that the entire family will enjoy.