This Pineapple Marble Cake is both gluten free and dairy free. The moist cake is made with pineapple juice and topped with pineapple jam, but you can change the juice and/or jam for a different fruit flavor.
This recipe comes from Ana and she uses Walmart’s Gluten Free Cafe All-Purpose Baking Mix. It includes rice, sorghum, and tapioca flours and includes xanthan gum. Any similar gluten-free baking mix should work well.
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour mix
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup pineapple jam
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a cake pan. (Ana used this pan, but a square brownie pan would probably work too. It might require less baking time though.)
- With an electric mixer combine the flour, milk, applesauce, pineapple juice, and eggs.
- Divide the batter between 2 bowls. Add the cocoa powder to one of the bowls and continue mixing until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour both mixtures into the cake pan and use a toothpick or butter knife to create swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 25 – 30 minutes or until done.
- Let cake cool and cut into squares. Serve topped with pineapple jam.
You can change the jam and juice for any other fruit you prefer. It is also delicious with strawberries.