Sometimes you just get a hankering for particular foods. The other evening I had a hankering for peanut butter, which I don’t bake with often because peanuts upset my husbands stomach. However, he was out for the evening, and I really had a craving for it. But not only peanut butter, it had to have some chocolate with it, and oats sounded mighty good too.
These peanut butter chocolate chip bars are the result of my cravings, and they hit the spot!
- /2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter (check ingredients)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cup gluten-free flour mix (I used Bette’s mix)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- With your mixer, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the peanut butter and mix well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Mix in the flour mix and baking soda.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
You can read information on gluten-free oats at the end of this post.