The following is a guest post by my friend Danielle McKinney. I have made this peach upside down cake, and it is delicious. My family loved it! Please keep in mind that coconut flour can vary by brand. If you use a different brand than Danielle used, only add the milk if needed. The cake batter should be fairly thick.
This peach cake is delicious and easy, but the peach slices on the top make it elegant enough to impress dinner guests or take to potlucks! It can be made with or without dairy and still tastes great.
If you eat dairy, replace the coconut oil with butter and the almond milk with regular milk.
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 ripe peaches, sliced (or about 1½ cup sliced frozen peaches)
- ½ cup coconut flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup milk of your choice (I used almond milk)
- Mix the honey, nutmeg, and cinnamon together. Pour into an 8 inch round baking pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Place sliced peaches on top in any pattern you prefer.
- Mix the coconut flour and baking soda together, making sure no lumps remain.
- In separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the applesauce, honey, vanilla, and coconut oil and beat well.
- Combine with the dry ingredients and stir in the milk. Pour over peaches.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 35-45 minutes (until the top is set). Cover with foil to prevent burning the surface and bake an additional 5-7 minutes, until top is light brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then run a knife around the side of the pan (between the cake and the pan). Turn the cake onto a serving dish.
This recipe is submitted to Naturally Sweet Recipe Roundup at Living Free.
Danielle is married to Ryan and is the happy mom of baby Rory and a turtle named Grimace. She has been successfully following the specific carbohydrate diet since 2011 to treat Crohn’s Disease and loves to cook and bake items that are delicious and healthy!