I think that August is my least favorite month of the year because of the heat and humidity in our area. We had a little break last week, but temperatures are back in the 90’s this week, and it will feel around 100 with humidity factored in. There is at least one thing that makes the month more bearable, though. Fresh peaches. I love a ripe, sweet peach!
If you love peaches too, then I bet you’ll really enjoy this Peach Basil Popsicle recipe from California Almonds. The flavor combination of peaches, basil, and honey sounds delicious, doesn’t it?
Instead of popsicle molds, I use silicone ice pop molds (click the link to view what I mean). One great thing about using them for frozen treats is that they don’t make a mess as they melt.
Not only do they work for cold treats, but you can also use them for carrying small foods like trail mix. My son carries homemade trail mix to school in these. He likes that they are easy to pull out of his back pack and eat while on the go between classes. He has had them pop open and spill a couple of times, so be sure they are not down in the bottom of a backpack.
- 1 medium peach, ripe
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- In a blender, combine the peach, almond milk, yogurt, honey, and basil. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into pop molds or re-sealable plastic pop bags.
- Freeze for 4 to 6 hours or overnight before unmolding.