I like adding chia seeds to my smoothies occasionally and I have used them in baking, but I have never made chia pudding. Well, that’s about to change because these chia almond pudding parfaits from Danielle Walker look delicious and healthy!
I love the combination of fruit, chocolate, and almond in these pudding parfaits. And not only do the ingredients sound delicious, but they’re pretty too! They would be lovely to serve to guests.
So here’s a great summertime dessert that is naturally sweetened and sure to be a hit!
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 6 ounces pitted dates
- ½ cup unsweetened raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- ⅓ cup unsalted natural almond butter
- 1 cup mixed berries of choice
- ¼ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- Combine almond milk, dates, cacao powder, chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt in a blender. Blend until very smooth, about two minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide the banana slices between six 8-ounce Mason jars or bowls.
- Spoon equal amounts of almond butter into the jars.
- Top with equal amounts of the chilled pudding.
- Top with berries and almonds and serve immediately or refrigerate covered for up to three days.