Mexican Casserole without Cheese
There are so many ways to make a Mexican casserole, and as you can see, I am not creative with names. These casseroles always seem to be a big hit, though. Here’s another one my family likes.
I originally made this recipe using cheese. Now that I am dairy free, I omit the cheese and sometimes sprinkle on some nutritional yeast. I serve it hot and provide cheese at the table for those who want it.
Some enchilada sauces do contain gluten. I used Old El Paso, but ingredients can change. Always read the label carefully.
- 1 onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 package gluten-free taco seasoning
- lightly crushed tortilla chips
- 1 15 ounce. can beans, drained (pinto, navy, kidney, whatever you like)
- 1 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or omit and sprinkle with nutritional yeast)
- Cook and drain the beef and onion.
- Add the taco seasoning mix and prepare according to the package directions.
- Put lightly crushed tortilla chips into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Use enough to cover the bottom.
- Rinse the beans and sprinkle them evenly over top of the crushed chips.
- Spoon the beef/onion mixture over the beans.
- Pour the enchilada sauce evenly over all of it.
- Top with more chips and the cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
What did you have for dinner this week?
|1. The W.H.O.L.E. Gang Buffalo Chicken Mini Burgers
2. Rachel (Pork Roast.. slightly sweet.)
3. Brian (Garlic Chicken Pizza)
|4. Heather @CeliacFamily (Gumbo)
5. Gina (Pasta Carbonara)
6. JoAnn (Breakfast Quiche)
|7. Kim Smith (Morning Glory Muffins)|