I consider meatloaf to be one of my quick and easy meals. Here’s how.
- I use only ground beef. I almost always have some in the freezer, laid out thin and flat in a zip lock freezer bag so that it thaws quickly.
- I keep a box of instant mashed potatoes on hand just for meatloaf. I use it in place of breadcrumbs.
- I mix the meatloaf in my KitchenAid mixer. Probably any heavy-duty mixer with a paddle would work just as well.
- I put the meatloaf in a 8″ x 8″ baking dish so it only needs to bake for 45 minutes. If you need it done even more quickly, put the meatloaf in a muffin tin and bake for 35 minutes. I used to do this often, and we called them meat muffins. I now stick to the square dish because clean up is easier.
- Many times I will make two batches and freeze one before it is cooked.