These lemon rosemary muffins are gluten free, grain free, and paleo. They are a savory muffin, not a sweet muffin, and can be used in place of bread or rolls to accompany a meal.
They are made with almond flour and don’t require any xanthan gum. One thing I especially like about using almond flour is that the baked goods stay moist. As you can see, these muffins also rise nicely, and the lemon and rosemary flavors are noticeable without being too strong.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup liquid coconut oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 8 muffin cups with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, salt, rosemary, garlic powder, and lemon zest.
- Add the coconut oil, beaten eggs, and honey. Mix together with an electric mixer for about 1 minute.
- Spoon the batter evenly into 8 muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with soup or salad.