There is a new soft gluten-free bread in town, and it is pretty amazing. Kinnikinnick has recently come out with two new loaves as well as hamburger and hot dog buns.
What’s Great About It
- All of them are very soft and stay that way after a couple of days and after being frozen.
- The loaf breads (multigrain and white) are full size loaves.
Those two things alone have sold me on this bread. I don’t buy a lot of gluten-free bread, but when I do, this will now be my go-to brand.
What’s Good About It
- Price of the loaves. The breads I tried were sent to me directly from Kinnikinnick so I have not bought it in stores. But the price shown on their web site is $4.99 per loaf. As far as gluten-free bread goes, that’s a very good price for a full size loaf.
- The breads are all packaged in sealed plastic bags. I have had trouble with other brands often being dry, and I have wondered if it had to do with the fact the plastic bag is not sealed.
What’s Not So Good
- The bread breaks easily. I noticed this with the loaf bread, not the buns. Although it is soft, it still breaks. It’s manageable and doesn’t deter me from preferring this bread because of it’s benefits, but it is noticeable.
- A package of hotdog or hamburger buns contains four buns. Their site lists them at $4.59 per package. That’s not a bad price compared to other brands, but based on price, I would prefer to buy a full size loaf of bread and use that for a hamburger or hot dog.
- The buns are not cut, which is not unusual. As you can see in the above photo, they don’t fold open (I don’t know a gluten-free bun that does). You slice the buns in half, and it works fine.
Where to Buy
First, be sure that you are getting their new bread. The label has a yellow background.
The Giveaway: Three winners will receive one package of each new bread (multigrain loaf, white loaf, hamburger buns, and hot dog buns). The giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents.
To enter you must leave a comment on this post, not on my Facebook page and not an email. If you receive my updates by email, click on the underlined title and it will take you to my blog page where you can leave a comment.
Leave a separate comment for each entry:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me about a Kinnikinnick product you have tried. (1 entry)
- Like Kinnikinnick on Facebook (you might want to let them know I sent you).
- Subscribe to this blog via email (or tell me you already do).
- Post this giveaway on Facebook, Twitter, or mention it in a blog post (only one entry).
The giveaway will end on Friday, April 20 at 11:00 pm eastern time. The randomly chosen winners will be contacted by email and will have 24 hours to respond after being contacted.
Disclaimer: I was provided with free product to sample, but was not paid to write this review. The opinions in this post are my own.