I’m sorry I’m a few days late getting September’s cleaning task out to you. This month we will focus on cleaning your kitchen floor and baseboards.
Depending on your kitchen, this might be really easy or quite time consuming. For me, it’s time consuming because it means cleaning the tile grout on my floor. Thankfully, I have an effective way to do that. It just takes time. However, now is a good time to do this job because the grout will still look clean in a few months when the holidays are here, but it will be nice to have that work out of the way so I can focus on other things.
My tips for this task:
- Get on your hands and knees. Mops are great, and I love them, but I don’t think they do as good a job as a hands & knees scrubbing.
- Use knee pads or a gardening type kneeling cushion.
- Use a scrub brush to get dirt that a mop misses.
- Clean your baseboards while you’re down there.
- Give your baseboards a paint touch-up if needed.
- Clean tile grout if you have a tile floor.
- If you have a large kitchen, clean the floor in sections if it’s too much for one day.
Remember, this is meant to be a deep cleaning. Take your time and do it really well!