I’ll admit that I didn’t quite finish last month’s task. It was a busy month, and with company here I was doing other more important cleaning. I still hope to finish the upper cabinet doors.
This month I thought we could tackle cleaning out the inside of drawers. Even though I put clean utensils into the utensil drawer, the utensil tray still gets dirty over time. It happens with all my drawers. You know what I mean. There are crumbs or a little bit of flour, maybe a few dark bits of ground coffee.
But besides the actual cleaning of the drawers, drawers are notoriously bad for getting junky. It helps to periodically go through and weed out the things you don’t use and organize the things you do use.
April: Clean Out All Your Kitchen Drawers
- Completely empty each drawer (one at a time is best ).
- Clean the inside of the empty drawer.
- Clean any drawer organizers.
- Get rid of items you don’t use.
- Move items that are in the wrong place.
- Return items you use to the drawer.
- Organize the drawer as needed.
I haven’t had much response since the first month I started this series. Are you all with me on this? Leave a comment or send me an email and let me know if this Keeping a Clean Kitchen series is helpful to you.