My mom has made this recipe for years and I doubt she remembers where it came from. It’s one of my favorite summer time treats. It’s versatile in that you can change the Jell-O flavor and the fruit, though I tend to use the same ones.
- 6 ounces Jell-O (large box)
- 16 ounces canned fruit
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces cool whip
- Dissolve the jello in two cups hot water. Use juice from the fruit and enough water to make 1½ cups. (I add ice to the juice to help speed the cooling process.) Add the juice/water mix to the Jell-O. Stir and chill until slightly firm. It shouldn’t be watery any more, but not well set.
- In a blender, combine about 1 cup of the Jell-O and the cream cheese. Add the remaining Jell-O and mix well.
- Cut the fruit into bite size pieces. Add to the Jell-O.
- Stir in the cool whip. You have to stir it well so the cool whip doesn’t stay in big lumps. A few small ones are fine.
- Put into serving dishes, a large bowl, or a rectangular dish and chill.
What Can I Eat That’s Gluten Free?
Please join in and add your link below.