This stovetop meal is relatively quick and easy to prepare, and it has plenty of flavor. My family enjoyed it, especially since broccoli is our favorite vegetable.
This would typically be a summer time meal for us, but this winter has been much warmer than usual. I’ve prepared fewer soups, stews, and casseroles than I normally would.
Maybe it’s warm where you are, maybe not. It’s good food whenever you eat it.
- 12 ounces gluten free pasta
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- salt to taste
- 6 Sweet Italian Sausages (pork or turkey)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- Cook and drain the pasta.
- Add the coconut or vegetable oil to a large skillet and cook the Italian sausages.
- Wash, cut and steam the broccoli.
- Add the olive oil, basil, parsley, and salt to the cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Cut the sausages into slices and add them along with the broccoli to the pasta and toss to combine.