This one is just in time for Valentine’s Day. These intense chocolate almond bites are lightly sweet and grain free. If you or your loved one are watching your weight, you can enjoy a few of these as a nice treat without overindulging.
I made this quick and easy recipe one afternoon and took the above picture. Then I offered them to my gluten-free son, and he couldn’t stop eating them! I’m sure you’ll enjoy them too.
This recipe was created by dietician Cheryl Harris of Harris Whole Health.
- 1 cup whole roasted almonds
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Put the almonds, cocoa powder and salt in a food processor and grind until only small pieces of almond remain, about 2 minutes.
- Add in honey and vanilla extract and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Form into balls the size of a cherry and flatten down.
- Place on a Silpat mat or parchment lined cookie sheet for ease of cleanup (these do not spread, so feel free to put them close together).
- Cook for 9-11 minutes or until browning.
- The bites harden as they cool after baking.
- Makes 20 bites.
The Giveaway: The Almond Board of California will send one winner 3 pounds of almond flour, 1 pound slivered almonds, and 1 pound whole roasted almonds.
- This giveaway is limited to U.S. residents 18 and older.
- One entry per person
- Enter by leaving a comment on this post.
- The giveaway begins February 11, 2013 and ends on February 15, 2013 at 11:00 pm eastern time .
No purchase is necessary. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries. The winners will be randomly chosen and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 24 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be randomly chosen.
Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this review. The opinions in this post are my own.